Purchasing the right kind of lab equipment can be a challenging task for lab professionals. Prompt and accurate results for laboratory tests mainly depend on the quality of lab equipment used. Leading manufacturers offer innovative lab devices incorporated with advanced technical specifications and functionalities. Analytical devices that ensure high performance can provide accurate and timely results for diagnostic procedures. Moreover, it is very important to buy quality instruments to enhance lab productivity and workflow. Here are some key factors to consider while purchasing lab instruments:
Laboratory Equipment: Considerations to help make the Purchase Decision
- Brand and Quality – Before purchasing medical lab equipment, it is important to collect details about the brands and models of various lab devices available in the market. Leading manufacturers offer premium quality models of equipment for specific applications. It is necessary to choose the right model to meet your lab’s specific needs. Choosing a product from a top brand would ensure operational efficiency, durability and quality. Some of the leading manufacturers of superior quality lab devices and related products are Thermo Scientific, Beckman Coulter, Roche Diagnostics, GenWay Biotech, Medica, GONOTEC, Phoenix Diagnostics and more.
- Product Specifications and Features – Before buying a particular device for laboratory, it is essential to conduct a detailed evaluation about the technical specifications and features of the product. Compare the features of two different brands or models and choose the one that can best serve your requirements. The lab device should fit into your lab space as well. So if you have space constraints, look for bench-top models. Popular brands offer bench top models of analyzers, centrifuges and other equipment which save space while performing as well as bigger-sized devices.
- User Friendliness – The laboratory appliance you purchase should be user-friendly. It is imperative to check whether the specific product features supports the different procedures performed in the laboratory. The equipment should be easy to operate and ensure user safety. Labs that have staff constraints can go in for advanced automated instruments that save time required to perform laboratory tests and require less user intervention as well.
- Budget – Before investing in laboratory equipment, consider your budget. Search online to find a laboratory equipment supplier that ensures competitive pricing. Often, top suppliers make special offers and discounts to help labs purchase high quality appliances at prices that are up to 50% lower than the original price. Purchasing new lab devices can prove an expensive option. Labs with budget constraints can buy re-certified lab appliances. These are used or returned devices which are put through a comprehensive reconditioning process and rigid performance stability analysis to ensure that they work as well as new. These devices are offered at prices much lower than new, but perform just as well. Some lab equipment stores also offer a reagent rental plan so that the lab need not pay upfront for the equipment. Payment is spread out over installments based on the number of tests conducted every month.
- Warranty and Post-sales Support – It is essential to check the warranty period offered for the lab equipment. Proper product warranty helps when it comes to resolving issues related to operational flaws (if any), claims for breakdown for equipment parts and whole device breakdown. Re-certified products also come with extended warranty for parts. Reputable medical equipment distributors offer quality after-sales support, customized on site annual service contracts, and in-house service and maintenance plans.
Find a right and reliable dealer
Choose a reliable lab equipment dealer supplying top quality lab equipment. This will ensure that you can choose from a vast collection of branded instruments. Ensure that the supplier can also provide the requisite reagents and consumables. Check out if shipping is prompt and safe. With the right partner, you would also benefit from guidance to select your device, installation, training and excellent after-sales service.